The Christmas Edition!
So, best Christmas ever. Nieces that forgave me for a) pushing the baby face first into the hardwood when I was "helping" her crawl, and b) accidentally gently slapping the 2 year old as I reassured her Auntie wouldn't hurt her too. Recording each other slapping each other so we could watch it back in HD slo-mo. Realizing I have the worst Sean Connery impression ever. Amazing food. Amazing family and friends and fireplaces. Having everybody I love converge together. And the presents. Hoo boy, those. I might have staged a photo shoot or three to show them to you. Come on, let's go see!
The Stinky Stuff
1. Bath & Body Works Vanilla Bean Noel soap caddy. One of the greatest smells ever invented by a US chain.
2. Philosophy's Cinnamon Buns Lotion (shower gel not shown) Like bathing in a bakery.
3. MOR's Blood Orange set with hand cream, hard soap, and lip tint. Mama loves me!
The Husband Stuff
1. Wii (along with Wii Fit not shown) Welcome super fun fat-burning times to 2010!
2. Urban Decay Apocalyptic Nail Kit. Stuffed in my stocking along with UD's glide-on eyeliners, Nuv braved the wilds of Sephora to make this girl VERY HAPPY.
3. SKRWL by James Jean. My favourite artist put out three wee jot pads. It will take everything I have to mark them up. They are perfection. (It is ARTFULLY only 1/8 visible here. I'm SICK people.)
The Write Stuff (I may be sick but I'm still hilarious)
1. David Sedaris – When You Are Engulfed In Flames
Out in paperback means I should have read this AGES ago. Still, super excited to read on a rainy hungover day.
2. Follow Your Bliss Daytimer.
Such a simple, sometimes selfish pursuit. Let's see if I can pull it off in 2010.
4. Kat Von D - High Voltage Tattoo
Beautifully designed. Beautiful tattoos. Stoked.
5. The Book of Genesis illustrated by Robert Crumb
I know I called James Jean my favourite artist, but Crumb is also my favourite. The Bible just got a whole lot hip and ass-ier.
And that is what we call SPOILED ROTTEN. Seriously, I am so grateful.
Speaking of grateful and poor segues, you should go check out my year end wrap-up of all the best things of 2009 here.
Tonight as the clock strikes 12, I'll be chugging Buckley's and smooching my dude.
I hope y'all come back next year and say hello.